The Golden Gate Completes Major Expansion
Las Vegas’ original casino, the Golden Gate Hotel & Casino, which opened in 1906, has completed its first major expansion in 50 years.
The casino’s new look definitely is inspired by its past. There is a new 35,000 square foot, five storey luxury extension which has 14 hotel suits designed to be a tribute to guests such as Frank, Sammy and Dean.
The entire fifth floor is encompassed by two vintage showgirl inspired penthouses.
On the casino floor visitors will find a 1920s flapper-inspired high limit gaming room which is complemented by the Golden Gate’s playful dancing dealers.
The new lobby is lit by a vintage “hotel” sign which used to be on the Golden Gate’s Main Street exterior.
There are also a number of hotel artefacts which can be seen such as the original 1907 gaming ledgers, and authentic model of Vegas’ first telephone and Prohibition-era whiskey bottles found in the walls during construction.
The original facade has been carefully restored with the addition of a digital marquee and LED lighting accents which represent pinstripes from the 20s.
There is also a new parking lot which has the most convenient parking in Las Vegas.