Will Samsung’s New Galaxy Note 10.1 Beat the iPad
The tablet wars are just heating up as Samsung prepares to launch its new Galaxy Note 10.1 next week.
Samsung has scheduled a press conference for August 29. Here’s a summary of what we know:
- Galaxy Note 10.1 comes with a 1.4 Ghz quad-core processor and 2 GB of internal RAM. No, that’s not a typo. That’s 4 processors on a mobile device. Stop drooling!
- The screen’s resolution is 1280 x 800 pixels.
- Split Screen is a new feature which lets you display multiple apps on the screen at once. This means you can keep track of your stock portfolio while whacking old ladies on Grand Theft Auto 3.
- The Note 10.1 comes with the usual 2 cameras. One is a 5 mega-pixel camera and the other is a 1.9 mega-pixels.
- Galaxy Note 10.1 will ship with Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
- It comes with the S Pen stylus. The stylus lets you create and edit content. The handwriting recognition feature will be interesting to see in action.
- The 3G and Wi-Fi version will retail for $998 while the Wi-Fi only version will sell for $798.
We’re most excited about the split screen feature and the stylus. It looks like the kind of thing advertising agencies will want to have. We look forward to August 29!