iPhone Rumour Roundup
In about one month, the new iPhone will be released. There’s one thing we know for sure – on September 12, Apple has a big press conferences scheduled.
Rumours abound and we’ll put the “best iPhone rumours” to the test here. In a month, we’ll check back and see what was accurate and what was way off.
- iPhone may be released on September 21. According to Mashable, a Verizon employee told TechCrunch that the company will be having an all-staff vacation blackout from September 21 to 30.
- The Korean Times has reported that Apple is negotiating with 2 Korean mobile carriers so the new iPhone will work there on 4G LTE.
- Apple has a new patent that covers a new LCD screen that integrates the touch sensors with the circuits, making everything more compact.
- Pre-orders for the iPhone will begin on September 12.
- A “nano-SIM card” that is smaller than current cards. Apple has been pushing for this new standard for a while now.
- A bigger and stronger battery. Everyone wants this!
- LG is mass producing a thin screen that is widely speculated to be for the new iPhone.
- Even Reuters has joined in on the rumour mill! They recently reported that the new iPhone will be 4 inches from corner to corner – a whopping 30% bigger than today’s iPhones.
There are 20 days until September 12. The iPhone countdown has begun!