- The Daily Express claims that Manchester United is considering signing Luke Shaw, Southampton’s 18 year old defender, in case Everton continues on rejecting their bids for Leighton Baines.
- People reports that José Mourinho is close to giving up on Wayne Rooney, and is moving on to Luis Suárez, who sent signals he is interested in coming to Stamford Bridge, as his next target.
About to make a higher salary than Francesco Totti? Samuel Eto’o got a €7 million offer.
- Liverpool is still working on getting stronger, and now after finalizing Aly Cissokho’s transfer, they are moving on the Sporting Lisbon’s Spanish midfielder, Diego Capel.
- Meanwhile Southampton, who shocked everyone with Pablo Osvaldo’s purchase, might also sign Scott Sinclair, Manchester City’s midfielder.
- According to a report in the Spanish ‘AS’ Real Madrid and Karim Benzema are negotiating the player’s contract extension. Although the player’s contract ends at 2014-2015 the Blancos are worried he might receive tempting offers next summer, and wish to guarantee his stay.
- Jérémy Mathieu does not rule out the option of leaving Valencia: “It all depends on what happens in the games to come. If I don’t fit into the coaches plans I don’t know what will happen. I don’t know if Barcelona is interested in me, I imagine they are looking for bigger names like Thiago Silva and not thinking about me”.
- Italy claims that representatives from Roma came to London this week in order to negotiate with Samuel Eto’o’s agent. According to reports, the Giallorossi are offering the striker a salary of €7 million per season, which will make him the highest paid player in the club.
- Inter Milan is not satisfied with signing Saphir Taïder alone yesterday, and are preparing an upgraded bid for Wellington to present to São Paulo.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Valencia’s left-wing defender Aly Cissokho is officially on loan to Liverpool until the end of the seasons. The Mighty Reds will be able to buy the players contract at the end of the season.
- Lazio reached an agreement with Kalmar FF for the club’s and the Albanian national team’s goalie, Etrit Beriša’s transfer.
- Leeds signed Scott Wootton from Manchester United, who was loaned to Peterborough United in the past season, on a 3 year contract.