- Sevilla continues to insist they will not sell Geoffrey Kondogbia, but keeps his release clause on €20 million, which means he might end up on a different club in the next few weeks. Monaco and Arsenal are very interested in the young talent.
- Daniel Agger, Liverpool’s defender, explains why he will not go to Barcelona, in spite of their offers: “Of course Barcelona is a big club, but the thought of leaving Liverpool has never crossed my mind. The people there are an integral part of my life. The motto YNWA (You’ll Never Walk Alone) is tattooed on my hand. It’s like a family to me”.
Daniel Agger: “The people there are an integral part of my life. The motto YNWA (You’ll Never Walk Alone) is tattooed on my hand”.
- After countless updates it seems to be final this time: Gareth Bale is transferring to Real Madrid. Tottenham reportedly accepted Real Madrid’s latest bid of £93 million plus Fabio Coentrão in exchange for Bale. The clubs are expected to make their official statements in the next 3 days.
- The English Sky reports that Arsenal approached Yohan Cabaye, Newcatsle and the French national team’s midfielder, in another effort to strengthen their lines. The Telegraph reports that Newcastle will ask for £20 million for the player. The Gunners bid stands at £12 million so far.
- France reports of great interest in PSG’s defender, Mamadou Sakho, from AC Milan’s direction, but reports in England claim that the Rossoneri will be facing a tough competition with Liverpool for the 23 year old players’ services.
- According to Corriere dello sport there are 4 clubs chasing Ajax and the Iceland national team’s striker, Kolbeinn Sigþórsson: Newcastle, Lazio, Borrusia Dortmund and Arsenal.
- Everton rejected Manchester United’s bid for Leighton Baines with claims it was insulting, but Galatasaray is still following the events with interest, hoping United manage to sign the English defender. The Turks are interested in Patrice Evra, and Leighton’s arrival to old Trafford will help their odds of getting him.
- Inter is negotiating Juventus to purchase half of Mauricio Isla’s player card (The second half belongs to Udinese). According to reports the champions are asking for €7 million, but will only let the player go if they find a replacement for him. Among the candidates: Camilo Zúñiga from Napoli, and Jonathan Biabiany from Parma.
Done Transfer Deals:
- The Slovenian national team defender, Marek ?ech, signed a 1 year contract with Bologna after finishing his 2 year contract with Trabzonspor.
- US Sassuolo Calcio, the Serie A newcomer, loaned defender-midfielder Reto Ziegler from Juventus. The 27 year old Swiss was loaned to Lokomotiv Moscow in the last season.
- Levante signed midfielder Rémi Gomis. The player just finished a 4 year contract with Valenciennes.
- Ari, the Brazilian striker, signed a 3 year contract with FK Krasnodar after being released from Spartak Moscow a month ago.