- According to reports in Spain, Real Madrid refused an offer to buy Radamel Falcao from Monaco. Monaco denied trying to sell the Colombian, who was bought only this summer for €60 million from Atlético Madrid, but reports insist they might try to do so from tax reasons. The striker is believed to end up in either Chelsea or Manchester United.
- A sign? Real Madrid published their official player shirt numbers list for 2013/2014 season, and shirt number 11 remains unmanned – Rumors say it’s because the number is reserved for Gareth Bale.
Real Madrid saving a spot for Gareth Bale? Shirt no. 11 remains unaffiliated in Real’s official list.
- Carlo Ancelotti confirms that defender Fábio Coentrão requested to enter the transfer list. The Portuguese player is not happy with his status in Real Madrid. Ancelotti also referred to Gareth Bale and said that at the moment “We have no need for more players in our squad”.
- According to British reports Luka Modri? is also on his way out from Real Madrid, probably to Manchester United who is very interested in his services. The Blancos might try to send Modri? back to Tottenham as a part of Gareth Bale’s transfer deal, but the Croatian will refuse such an offer, and is set on transferring to Manchester United.
- The Mirror claims that Chelsea will make one more bid of £40 million to Manchester United for Wayne Rooney. In case this (third) offer is refused as well Chelsea will give up on the player. The next option in line: Robert Lewandowski.
- BBC reported Dan Walker twitted something that made Manchester United fans very optimistic: “Four different trusted individuals have all mentioned Ronaldo to Manchester United in the past 24 hours. Very interesting!”
- Is Robert Lewandowski about to make a surprising U turn? According to a report in Der Spiegel Dortmund’s talented striker, who was upset with the club for not letting him transfer to Bayern Munich, might eventually extend his contract. Dortmund will give the player a higher salary for the next season.
- The Daily Mail reports that Liverpool is willing to pay £30 million for Anzhi Makhachkala’s star, Willian, and is now the leading candidate to sign the Brazilian player, who’s also wanted by Manchester United and Tottenham.
- According to reports in Portugal, Chelsea and José Mourinho marked Benfica’s striker, Rodrigo Moreno. Moreno has a contract with Benfica until 2019, but Chelsea is closely following the player and will try to convince him to make a transfer.
- Arsenal is not giving up on Lars Bender, and is preparing an upgraded bid on the player for Leverkusen. Arsene Wenger referred yesterday to Arsenal’s fans who are calling him to “Spend, spend, spend”: “People tell me to buy player, but tell me who? That is where is becomes difficult”.
- Roma is marking targets for replacing Erik Lamela. According to reports in Britain, the club is preparing Manchester United a bid for Nani.
- The race for Croatian Alen Halilovi? continues: After Tottenham got shut down when trying to make the deal reports in Europe claim they have given up on him. However Arsenal has been lurking in the corner just for that and will now make their move.
- Chelsea and Barcelona are having a head-to-head for Portos talented defender, Eliaquim Mangala.
- England reports that Liverpool finalized defender Aly Cissokho’s transfer deal from Valencia. The player will arrive to Liverpool next week for his medical check-ups.
- Corriere dello Sport reports that Keisuke Honda will meet with CSKA Moscow’s chairman Yevgeny Giner in an attempt to persuade him to let him transfer to Milan before the upcoming season starts.
Done Transfer Deals:
- It’s official: Luiz Gustavo, Bayern Munich’s midfielder after whom Arsenal chased, signed a 5 year contract with Wolfsburg for €15 million.