- According to the Daily Mail Manchester City made it clear to Arsenal that they are not going to sell Edin Džeko. The Gunners went after the Bosnian striker after they’ve come to terms with failing to get Luis Suárez.
- Sami Khedira, Real Madrid’s midfielder, was offered to PSG. The Bernabéu claims that the player’s agent approached PSG upon hearing Laurent Blanc is searching for a new midfielder.
The Daily Telegraph reports that the United is preparing a £40 million offer for the midfielder from Barcelona
- José Mourinho declared David Luiz is not for sale, after seeing Barcelona’s interest in the player. “There’s no chance he will leave, I love him and he signed a contract last season”.
- Samuel Eto’o’s future continues to interest the media all over Europe. Manchester United will make an effort to sign Anzhi Makhachkala’s striker, who already declared he wishes to play for José Mourinho in Chelsea. Napoli and Inter are also following with interest.
- David Moyes is refusing to give up on Cesc Fàbregas. The Daily Telegraph reports that the club is preparing a £40 million offer for the midfielder from Barcelona.
- More from Manchester United: A Spanish TV station is claiming the club is preparing an offer to Real Madrid for Mesut Özil.
- While on the subject of Real Madrid: The Sun claims the club has not given up on Gareth Bale yet, and is convinced that £81 million should do it, as the leading argument about the issue is that Tottenham is simply waiting until the last minute of the transfer window on September 2nd to agree.
- Is Barcelona accepting the possibility David Luiz will stay in Chelsea? The club is considering the following defenders as well: Mamadou Sakho from PSG, Nicolás Otamendi from Porto, Eliaquim Mangala from Porto, and Milan Biševac from Lyon.
- Manchester City is giving up on Pepe and planning on Argentinian player, Martín Demichelis, instead. The player, now in Atlético Madrid, played under Pellegrini in Malaga.
- Roma’s directors Walter Sabatini and Mauro Baldissoni will meet with Tottenham’s management in London in order to discuss midfielders Erik Lamela and Miralem Pjani?.
- Villarreal and Levante are interested in Juventus’s midfielder Fausto Rossi.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Tottenham finally managed to get Étienne Capoue’s signature. The roosters paid Toulouse €11 million for the midfielder.
- Fiorentina’s midfielder Rômulo, signed with Verona on a loan for one season.