- Luiz Gustavo’s agent claims that Napoli is ahead of Arsenal in the race for the player. “The way I see it, Napoli is not a club you say no to”, said the agent to TMW, “Napoli is the first choice because of the city, and the project they are stating”.
- Napoli’s representatives met with Juventus’s striker, Alessandro Matri, and offered him a €2.7 million contract for 5 years.
“Luis Suárez told me he will not leave Liverpool, and will extend his contract”.
- The Sun published that Gareth Bale has been telling his Wales national teammates: “I will never wear Tottenham uniforms again”. According to the report the midfielder is set on transferring to Real Madrid and said he was “desperate” when Chairman Daniel Levy rejected the Blanco’s bid.
- Samuel Eto’o’s agent claims the striker might continue playing for Anzhi Makhachkala, in spite of the negotiations he’s having with Inter Milan and Chelsea. “Eto’o is Anzhi’s player, and with all the conditions in his contract it’s hard to think he will leave” he said. Meanwhile, Sky Sports Italy reports that Manchester United has also approached the player’s agent for a deal.
- Fiorentina’s sporting manager, Eduardo Macía, approached Real Madrid’s midfielder Xabi Alonso in order to talk him in to transferring to Florence. The player’s current contract with Real Madrid ends at summer 2014.
- Reports in Spain claim that Manchester City is boosting their efforts to sign Real Madrid’s defender, Pepe. The club’s sporting manager is already flying to Spain, and he does not intent to return without the player.
- Latin American GolTV’s reporter, Martin Charquero, tweeted: “Luis Suárez told me he will not leave Liverpool, and will extend his contract”.
- Sky Sports reports that Sunderland is very close to closing Aly Cissokho’s transfer deal from Valencia. However it is reported that Liverpool is also interested in the French player.
- Monaco is interested in Sampdoria’s goal keeper Sergio Romero and started negotiations with the player. “We are working on it, nothing is final yet”, said Mino Raiola, the player’s agent.
- Inter Milan’s midfielder, Esteban Cambiasso, is waiting for a new contract from his club: “I didn’t sign anything yet, but I don’t think there will be any problems”.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Udinese loaned defender Essaïd Belkalem to Watford, after signing him on a free transfer a month and a half ago. The two clubs are owned by the same group, and make these kinds of loans every summer.
- The Argentinian striker Franco Di Santo signed with Werder Bremen on a 4 year contract, and arrived to Germany today for his physical exams. The 24 year old player played for Wigan in the last 3 seasons.
- A very busy day in Anderlecht: The Czech midfielder, Lukáš Mare?ek, left the club went back to Czechoslovakia and signed with Sparta Prague.
- Later on, the Belgian champions loaned Swedish striker, Samuel Armenteros, to Feyenoord after buying him 6 months ago for €0.5 million.
- And finally: The giants from Brussels signed Partizan Beograd’s striker, Aleksandar Mitrovic, who is considered one of the greatest talents of the Balkan. The player will join the club on August 30th, and his transfer deal was reported at around €5 million.
- Diego Costa, the Brazilian forward, extended his contract with Atlético Madrid until 2018. The player scored 20 goals in the past season and was a part of Atlético’s cup win. “The extension was one of our main goals for this summer”, said the club’s sporting manager José Luis Caminero.
- Wallace, the Brazilian right-wing defender, finalized his transfer from Chelsea to Inter Milan. The 19 year old player went through physical exams and will be loaned to Milan for one season.
- Ivory Coast defender, Marco Zoro, signed a 3 year contract with the Greek OFI Crete.