- Luiz Gustavo admitted he would like to transfer to Arsenal: “My contract with Bayern ends at 2015, but I want to keep my place in the Brazilian national team. Arsenal is a big club that plays attractive football in the Champions League”.
- Reports in Italy claim that ambitious Fiorentina will try to get Xabi Alonso, whose contract with Real Madrid ends only next summer, but Spanish reports claim Ancelotti will not include him in the regular line-up.
Spanish reports claim Ancelotti will not include him in the regular line-up
- The Daily Mirror claims that Pellegrini’s alternatives, in case he will not manage getting Pepe to Manchester City, are Napoli’s captain Paolo Cannavaro, and the 21 year old defender from Schalke 04, Kyriakos Papadopoulos.
- One striker is not enough for Napoli. Alongside their negotiations with Samuel Eto’o, the club is also trying to get his fellow point man in Anzhi Makhachkala, Lacina Traoré.
- Sky Sports Italy claims that PAOK Thessaloniki FC is very close to signing the 23 year old midfielder from Parma, Sotiris Ninis.
- Monaco is still looking for another goal keeper for their glamorous roster, and French reports claim that the hot name on the club’s list is Sampdoria’s Sergio Romero.
- José María del Nido, Sevilla’s president, declared that the French midfielder who’s been approached by Real Madrid and Juventus, Geoffrey Kondogbia, will not be sold for any less than what’s written in his release clause: €20 million, and asked: “Please don’t try to buy him for that amount as well. We will see any attempt of signing him that way as an attack on us”.
- Atlético Madrid is close to signing Deportivo de La Coruña’s Dani Aranzubia.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Udinese loaned striker Mat?j Vydra to West Bromwich for one Season.