- Arsenal is close to defeating Chelsea and Wolfsburg in the race for Bayern Munich’s midfielder, Luiz Gustavo, according to reports in England. The Gunners will pay £16 million for the player if they manage getting the deal.
- Arsenal is also fighting for another player without giving up: Luis Suárez According to reports in England the club made a new bid on Suárez, one that will make him the highest paid player ever in the club – £160,000 a week, and a 4 year contract. England also reports that Tottenham is lurking around the corner to see how the deal comes out, and is planning on making a bid for Suárez if Gareth Bale leaves the club eventually.
Alessandro Matri is expected to agree to Napoli’s bid and sign with the Champions runner up for 5 seasons
- While on the Gareth Bale subject: It’s reported that Real Madrid is turning every stone for his signature, and at the moment is worried Tottenham will demand his whole transfer fee of around €100 at once.
- David Moyes put his foot down and Manchester United’s management accepted: The United is going to make a better bid for Leighton Baines to Everton.
- According to reports in Italy Juventus made an official bid to Manchester City for their left-wing defender Aleksandar Kolarov.
- Lazio’s president clarifies that the club has no intention of selling their best players, first of them is the Brazilian midfielder Hernanes, whom he wishes to keep at any cost: “We want him very much, and he is also positive about this option. We did not get any offers for him yet”.
- Tuttosport claims that Juventus’s striker, Alessandro Matri, is expected to agree to Napoli’s bid and sign with the Champions runner up for 5 seasons.
- Napoli is also planning to bid for Liverpool’s defender, Martin Škrtel.
- Werder Bremen is interested in John Arne Riise, Fulham’s veteran defender: “We are negotiating, but there’s nothing substantial yet”, said Bremen’s sporting manager.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Marouane Chamakh, Arsenal’s Moroccan forward, signed with Crystal Palace for 2 seasons.
- Hannover bought defender Marcelo from PSV Eindhoven for €3 million.
- Gary Medel is transferring to Cardiff City from Sevilla. The Welsh are not publishing the amount of the transfer, but it is estimated at around £10 million record purchase for Cardiff.