- Tottenham has lost Gareth Bale, but won a huge amount of funds to get new players with. The first in line is Luis Suárez, whose worth might eat away much of what they just got, since Liverpool already announced they will not consider anything under £40 million, and are generally reluctant to let him go.
- More from Tottenham’s Mega Millions Shopping list: The club has now offered €35 million to Roma for their talented forward, Erik Lamela.
The club has now offered €35 million to Roma for their talented forward, Erik Lamela.
- Brazil reports that Atlético Mineiro has agreed to sell Bernard to Shakhtar Donetsk for €25 million.
- Spain reports continue to argue that Barcelona is going for Daniel Agger, Liverpool’s Danish defender, and that representatives already approached the club for the player.
- Rafa Benítez continues approaching players that played for him in the past and trying to get them to Napoli. Today’s name will be Martin Škrtel, who according to reports already agreed to the conditions offered to him and will make €3 million per season.
- The Daily Star reports that Diego Lugano, who played as a loan in Malaga this season, might join West Bromwich. Striker Salomon Kalou from Lille is also a candidate.
- Sky Sports reports that Juventus is interested in Geoffrey Kondogbia, Sevilla’s midfielder, and will present him with an offer in case his negotiations with Real Madrid fail.
- Italy reports that Everton offered Verona €9 million for their Brazilian midfielder, Luis Jorginho.
- Gianni Munari, Sampdoria’s midfielder, is about to sign a 5 year contract with Parma. In order to make room for the player, Parma loaned Brazilian Denílson to Cluj.
Done Transfer Deals:
- It’s finally happened – The record is broken: Spanish reports claim that Gareth Bale’s transfer deal is finally closed. The blancos break the market with their record €120 million offer, with no details yet as to how the fee will be paid. Assessments say that the deal will include transferring players from Madrid to Tottenham, such as Ángel di María, Álvaro Morata and Luka Modri?.
- Tottenham started their Bale money shopping spree? The club officially announced signing Roberto Soldado from Valencia, for the sum of £26 million.
- Cardiff City completed their most expensive transfer deal in its history with Tottenham’s defender, Steven Caulker, for £8 million.
- Swansea’s midfielder, Kemy Agustien, signed a 2 year contract with Brighton.
- Malaga signed the Polish striker, Bartlomiej Pawlowski, who was loaned to them for one season from Widzew Lodz.
- Tamás Hajnal, the Hungarian midfielder who played in the last two seasons for VfB Stuttgart, signed a 3 year contract with Ingolstadt 04.