- The Telegraph reports that Chelsea rejected Bayern Munich’s offer of £40 million for David Luiz.
- The Daily Mirror reports that Mourinho is trying to get Sami Khedira, who played with him in Real Madrid, to Chelsea.
According to the reports Fenerbahçe will transfer the €12 million is two installments, with another €6 million that will be paid once the Paraguayan reaches 30 goals with his new club
- The Times: Once David Moyes realized several of his top choices for the current transfer window will not make their way to Manchester United, he focused his attention on Real Madrid’s midfielder, Luka Modri?. According to the report the club will offer €25 million for the Croatian.
- Turkish reports claim that Fenerbahçe SK is preparing a €12 million offer for Benfica’s striker, Óscar Cardozo. According to the reports Fenerbahçe will transfer the €12 million is two installments, with another €6 million that will be paid once the Paraguayan reaches 30 goals with his new club. This makes the offer worth €18 million in total.
- Be?ikta? continues to show interest in Tottenham’s forward, Emmanuel Adebayor. The Turkish chase after the 29 year old player has been going on the whole summer.
- Reports in England tie Toulouse’s midfielder, Étienne Capoue, with a surprising transfer to Cardiff City, who recently made their way to the Premier League. The 25 year old Frenchman, whos worth is estimated around €11 million, was mentioned in the last few years as a leading candidate for much bigger clubs in Italy and England.
- Monaco is interested in another goal keeper, to compete with Danijel Subaši? for his place between the posts. Among the names mentioned: Sporting Lisbon’s goalie Rui Patrício, and Gianluca Pegolo from Siena.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Caio, the 27 year old attacking midfielder, signed a 7 year contract with the Swiss champions, Grasshopper Club Zürich. The Brazilian finished his contract with Atlético Clube Goianiense and is now reuniting with his former Frankfurt coach Michael Skibbe.
- Excitement in the Netherlands: Ji Sung Park moved back to PSV Eindhoven 8 years after transferring to Manchester United. The 32 year old was loaned to Eindhoven for one season from QPR.
- Cardiff City signed a 4 year contract with goal keeper Simon Moore from Brantford, for an unpublished sum.
- Benfica lent Brazilian defender Sidnei to RCD Espanyol after buying the player inly last season for €6.5 million.
- Tottenham loaned 22 year old right-wing defender Adam Smith to Derby County.
- Saint Étienne loaned midfielder Ibrahim Sissoko from Wolfsburg, and will be able to buy him after this season.
- Michael Eneramo did not sign a new contract with Sivasspor, and thus after 2 years of playing with the club he now sign a 2 year contract with Be?ikta? on a free transfer.