- Thiago Alcântara’s father admits his son was close to signing with Manchester United but chose to go the Bayern Munich eventually.
- David Moyes admits Manchester United’s interest in Cesc Fàbregas continues however today Alex Song joined the sceptics: “I doubt he will leave Barcelona and return to England”.
Liverpool claims that the £40 million offered for his is far from the players actual price.
- The Daily Mirror reports that Tottenham is concerned that Gareth Bale is starting to seriously consider moving to Real Madrid, and fear he will be convinced to leave. The fact Real Madrid just put an extra €37 million to their bank after selling Gonzalo Higuaín increases the pressure in London. Meanwhile Tottenham are back to looking at Roberto Soldado as an option.
- Reports in Spain claim that Real Madrid has given up on Luis Suárez as an option, and would rather invest in Bale. Marke claims that Carlo Ancelotti changed the team’s line-up to better fit it to Bale’s arrival. More about Suárez: Liverpool claims that the £40 million offered for his is far from his actual price.
- Marke claims that Valencia will not let Adil Rami leave for less than €7.75 million now that Manchester City and Arsenal shown interest in the player.
- Everton’s coach Roberto Martínez denies getting offers for his leading players: “We have not gotten any offer for Leighton Baines or Marouane Fellaini “.
- Napoli keeps on growing stronger? After Yesterday’s medical check-ups of Pepe Reina and Gonzalo Higuaín, coach Rafa Benítez admits “The club is doing a great job” when talking about reports of Porto’s striker, Jackson Martínez’s arrival: “He is a great forward”. Martinez value is set on €35 million.
- Spain claims that the first player on the new Barcelona coach, Gerardo Martino, is defender Santiago Vergini who played with him in Newell’s Old Boys.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Atlético Madrid signed 18 yeard old Uruguayan defender, José María Giménez: “It’s a dream, I am happy” the young player said.
- Real Madrid’s young striker Jesé Rodríguez extended his contract with the Bernabéu until 2017, thus ending speculations about his future.