- André Villas-Boas insists Gareth Bale is staying with Tottenham: “He’s one of the best players in the world, and we are counting on him”.
- On the other hand, the Sun claims that Real Madrid made an even higher offer of £130 million for the player: £80 million for the transfer, plus £50 million for the player’s salary.
Real Madrid made an even higher offer of £130 million for the player: £80 million for the transfer, plus £50 million for the player’s salary.
- According to reports in Italy Gonzalo Higuaín arrived to Napoli where he will go under medical exams. The player is going to replace Edinson Cavani who transferred to PSG.
- The Daily Mail claims that Arsenal made a new offer of £40 million for Luis Suárez, after their previous offers of £30 and £35 million were rejected. However, the BBC reported that this offer was rejected as well.
- Valencia’s president cleared things up with Tottenham: “You want Roberto Soldado? Pay the €30 million in his release clause”.
- According to French and British publications Monaco is close to signing the Portuguese midfielder, Nani, and will pay Manchester United £14 million for the player.
- Keisuke Honda’s agent declared: “He got a great offer from Milan”, but CSKA Moscow’s president denied this, while claiming the player is going to stay in Russia.
- Reports in England claim that Manchester City is willing to give Aleksandar Kolarov up for €7 million.
- Chelsea’s young defender, Wallace, is supposed to be loaned out this season. Inter has already shown interest in the young player.
- Pepe Reina will go under medical exams in Napoli today before officially signing with Rafa Benítez’s team, the same manager who signed him in Liverpool in 2005.
- Atlético Madrid will probably loan the young goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo to Villarreal CF.
- Fernando Gago in on the verge of returning to his youth club Boca Juniors, as long as the club will be willing to pay Valencia €1.7 million for the player.
- Westham is interested in QPR’s French striker, Loïc Rémy.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Fiorentina has finalized the transfer of a sixth player to their ranks for this summer, this time it’s Josip Ili?i?, who transferred from Palermo for €9 million.
- Júlio Baptista left Malaga and returned to his homeland Brazil, where he will play for Cruzeiro.
- Paris Saint-Germain sold Kévin Gameiro, who signed a 5 year contract with Sevilla for €10 million.
- The new Serie A up-comer Verona announced the transfer of Jacopo Sala from Hamburg.