- Milan’s president Adriano Galliani told the media that Keisuke Honda’s transfer might not happen this summer. “Unless some of the sponsors pitch in we will wait for Honda to get here in January”.
- Despite David Moyes declarations that Rooney is not for sale Arsenal made a new offer for the player, and are now willing to pay Manchester United £24 million for him.
The Argentinian forward, who was on the verge of signing with Arsenal, might be Napoli’s third transfer of the summer, after Raúl Albiol and José Callejón
- Corriera Dello Sport reports that Napoli reached an agreement with Real Madrid for Gonzalo Higuaín’s transfer for €35 million. The Argentinian forward, who was on the verge of signing with Arsenal, might be Napoli’s third transfer of the summer, after Raúl Albiol and José Callejón.
- According to the Daily Mirror Chelsea is going to offer Didier Drogba to come back to Stamford Bridge as a player-coach.
- Sunday People claims Manchester United joined PSG and Monaco in the race after Yohan Cabaye, and made a £15 million offer to Newcastle for the French midfielder.
- Robin Van Persie sounds excited from the possibility Manchester United will manage to get his former Arsenal companion, Cesc Fàbregas, and declared: “Of course I’ll be happy if he gets here, he is a great player”.
- Arsenal informed Júlio César that if he wishes to join the Gunners he will have to cut his current salary, while in Italy media claims that Milan is willing to pay César his full salary in order to get him back to San Siro.
- Tottenham is going to break their transfer record for this summer and offer £18 million for Valencia’s forward Roberto Soldado.
- Diego Simeone admitted that Atlético Madrid is interested in getting Santi Cazorla from Arsenal.
- The Sunday Mirror reports Arsene Wenger is very interested in Luiz Gustavo, Bayern Munich’s Brazilian midfielder.
- ‘As’ reports that Real Madrid is preparing to the possible transfer of Fábio Coentrão, and might make Granada an offer of €8 million for their defender Guilherme Siqueira.
Done Transfer Deals:
- AC Milan signed 16 year old Andrea Casiraghi, son of football legend Pierluigi Casiraghi. The Rossoneri youth division already has Christian Maldini, Paolo Madini’s son, and Cesare’s grandson.
- Kevin Strootman officially transferred to Roma and was introduced with shirt no. 6. The 23 year old Dutchman who came from PSV Eindhoven for €16.5 declared: “It was an easy choice to pick Rome”.
- Boško Jankovi?, Genoa’s and the Serbian national team midfielder, signed with Verona.