- The Sun reports that following Wayne Rooney’s dismay with Manchester United, Chelsea has accelerated their efforts for signing the forward, and is trying to raise the £80 million for it. According to the report Rooney is asking for a 5 year contract and a £200,000 a week salary. United already rejected one official offer from the Blues.
- Superdeporte reports that Israeli goal keeper Dudu Aouate was offered to Valencia, and that his representatives will meet with the clubs technical manager Braulio Vasquez.
Tito Vilanova : “I know he received several offers, but he told me his dream is to stay in Barcelona”
- Barcelona’s manager Tito Vilanova claims Cesc Fàbregas wishes to stay in Camp Nou: “I know he received several offers, but he told me his dream is to stay in Barcelona”. Manchester United offered €25 million for the player.
- The Marke reports Manchester United closed a deal with SL Benfica or the transfer of the Argentinian defender Ezequiel Garay for €20 million.
- Radio RMC reports: “Hulk has agreed to transfer to Monaco, who is willing to pay €60 million to Zenit St. Petersburg for the player.
- According to As, Zlatan Ibrahimovi? is pushing PSG to release him for Real Madrid. The Swedish player is interested in making a quick transfer after Edinson Cavani’s arrival for €63 million.
- Real Madrid and Napoli are on the verge of closing defender Raúl Albiol’s transfer to Italy. Gazzetta dello Sport reports Napoli will pay €12 million for the player. Moreover, the paper reports that Napoli has targeted Leandro Damião as a replacement for Edinson Cavani, who transferred to PSG.
- The Daily Mail published that Manchester United will offer Real Madrid £15 million for Pepe, this although the defender is a part of Carlo Ancelotti’s game-plan.
- Italy reports that Monaco offered Milan €6 million for Robinho, and was also interested in his friend from San Siro, Luca Antonini.
Done Transfer Deals:
- It’s officially official now: Edinson Cavani has signed with PSG for 5 seasons. The French team will pay Napoli €64 million, thus breaking the transfers record. Set only this summer by Monaco when they bought Radamel Falcao.
- Kevin Strootman is officially a Roma FC player, after transferring for €17 million from PSV Eindhoven.
- Galatasaray signed Juventus’s midfielder Felipe Melo for €5 million. The Brazilian has played with the Turkish team on loan in the last 2 seasons, and is now officially their player.
- Another impressive purchase for PSG: The French champions announced the signing of Lucas Digne, Lille’s left-wing defender, for 5 seasons for €15 million.
- Fabián Monzón, Lyon’s left-wing midfielder, was sold to Catania for €3.3 million.