- The Daily Express claims that City is close to signing Álvaro Negredo, Sevilla’s forward. It’s reported that Stevan Joveti?’s name also came up as a candidate.
- In The Daily Star reports that Manchester City might be on the verge of the biggest transfer of the summer – Cristiano Ronaldo. The City made it clear that they are willing to counter any offer the player receives, meaning they can pay the £300,000 a week.
The City made it clear that they are willing to counter any offer the player receives, meaning they can pay the £300,000 a week
- The Daily Star also reports that Arsenal might miss their chance of signing Júlio César, who’s meant to leave QPR and arrive to Napoli on a loan for one season.
- Is Thiago Alcântara on his way to Bayern Munich? Spain reports that the young midfielder, who expressed interest in Manchester United before, has reached an agreement with the European champions.
- Real Madrid has joined the race for Luis Suárez’s signature with a £40 million offer, as the Sun claims. Moreover, Sky network reports the Blancos also approached PSG about Zlatan Ibrahimovi?’s transfer option.
- Napoli is considering getting Edin Džeko as a replacement for Edinson Cavani: “Džeko is perfect for Benítez’s game plan, and Napoli wants a strong team”.
- British media reports that Daniele De Rossi’s transfer deal to Chelsea is as good as closed, and the Italian midfielder will transfer for €11 million. The Daily Mirror reports that Chelsea got the green light on the deal from Roma since they have reached an agreement with midfielder Kevin Strootman from PSV Eindhoven.
- Robinho’s transfer deal from Milan to Santos is cancelled, and confirmed by both teams. “We have failed getting Robinho” Santos said, while Adriano Galliani announced: “We still have Robinho”.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Midfielder El Hadji Ba left Le Havre for a 3 year contract with Sunderland.
- Torino’s defender Angelo Ogbonna passed medicals in Juventus, and his transfer will be complete in the next few days, for a €10 million fee.
- Bordeaux announced they have an agreement with Dynamo Kyiv for Benoît Trémoulinas’s transfer.
- Manchester City extended their 2nd goal keeper, Richard Wright’s, contract for one more season.
- Dinamo Zagreb announced the 17 year old defender Tin Jedvaj transfer to Roma.