- Sky Italy reports that Stevan Joveti?’s agent travelled to England to negotiate with Manchester City, who is willing to pay €30 million to Fiorentina for the Montenegrin midfielder. The report claims Pini Zahavi is actually trying to set Joveti? with Manchester United.
- In the case Joveti? transfers to Manchester City, he will be replacing Sergio Agüero, who wishes to transfer to Barcelona according to the British media.
In spite of PSG’s firm stand against releasing Thiago Silva; the Brazilian defender has reached a tentative agreement with Barcelona
- The Catalonian Sport claims that in spite of PSG’s firm stand against releasing Thiago Silva; the Brazilian defender has reached a tentative agreement with Barcelona, who is now expected to officially turn to PSG to negotiate his transfer.
- The Daily Mail published that Aston Villa is asking Tottenham for £25 million for Christian Benteke. Chelsea is also interested in the Belgian forward and offered £22 million for him.
- Reports in France claim Edinson Cavani’s transfer from Napoli to PSG will be made official as early as today.
- The Telegraph reports that Manuel Pellegrini informed Joleon Lescott he is going to reject offers made for him, since he is planning a key role in Manchester City for the young defender.
- The Sun claims that following Liverpool’s rejection of Arsenal’s £30 million for Luis Suárez, Real Madrid is going to make a £40 million offer for the forward.
- Germany claims that Julian Draxler rejected Chelsea as they first contacted him and announced he is planning on staying in Schalke.
- Gervinho, who is transferring away from Arsenal and was already on the verge of signing with Galatasaray, might be signing with Roma eventually, under Rudi Garcia who trained him at Lille.
- Maxime Gonalons, who was also mentioned for leaving Lyon for a higher ranked team, announced he will stay with Lyon: “I’m staying because I still have things to learn and prove here”.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Giovani dos Santos, Mallorca’s Mexican midfielder, will play in Villarreal in the next 4 seasons.
- Carlos Bacca, Club Brugge’s Colombian forward, signed with Sevilla for 4 seasons.
- A new purchase for Óscar García. Brighton signed defender Matthew Upson on a free transfer for one season.
- PSV Eindhoven continues on signing on young players, this time borrowing Manchester City’s Karim Rekik.
- Facundo Ferreyra signed with Shakhtar Donetsk for 5 seasons for €7 million.