- The Times reports Arsenal made a record £30 million offer for Luis Suárez, which got refused by Liverpool.
- El Mundo Deportivo published Barcelona’s full candidate list for Thiago Alcântara replacement: Christian Eriksen from Ajax, Ander Herrera from Bilbao, Jack Wilshere from Arsenal, ?lkay Gündo?an from Borussia Dortmund, Éver Banega from Valencia, Juan Mata from Chelsea and Borja Valero from Fiorentina.
The English offer made to Barcelona was “offensive”
- The Daily Mirror claims David Villa reached an agreement with Tottenham, and he’s expected to sign with them this week. However El Mundo Deportivo claims that although both sides have an agreement, the English offer made to Barcelona was “offensive” and the player is not that close to making the move to White Hart Lane.
- Liverpool is going to make a £7.5 million to Verona for Jorginho, the young Italian national team midfielder.
- Shakhtar Donetsk rejected Borussia Dortmund’s €25 million offer for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.
- Roman Babaev, CSKA Moscow’s chairman, clarifies Keisuke Honda’s status: “He is free to speak with other clubs, but we will only sell him for a reasonable offer”.
- Al Shabab’s owner claims he rejected an offer to buy Ronaldinho. He says the players’ agent approached him and asked for €6 million, but he refused: “We rejected the offer. The price is too high, and he has an attitude problem. If Barcelona couldn’t control him, we won’t either”.
- Along with the negotiations for Álvaro Negredo, Manchester City is getting closer to signing Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, Roma’s forward, with estimated value of €13 million.
- Tuttosport claims Juventus is interested in Dušan Basta, Udinese’s defender, as a possible replacement for Stephan Lichtsteiner.
- American and Canadian media reports that Toronto FC from the MLS bottom clubs is going to announce the Uruguayan national team’s top talent Diego Forlán transfer to the club this week.
- Dynamo Kyiv admits that West Bromwich is negotiating the extension of Goran Popov’s loan term to them.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Big transfer in Italy: The Bild reports Mario Gómez signed with Fiorentina, who will pay Bayern Munich €20 million for the player.
- Lyon loaned defender Miguel Lopes from Sporting Lisbon for one season.
- Felipe, the Brazilian defender who was loaned to Siena from Fiorentina in the past 2 seasons, signed with Parma for 4 years.