- Chelsea entered the race for Milan’s Italian forward Stephan El Shaarawy, whos also wanted by other major clubs in Europe. Another report claims that Chelsea might offer Fernando Torres as a trade for the forward.
- Spanish As reports Chelsea has reached an agreement with Edinson Cavani, since Napoli’s forward got tired of waiting for Real Madrid.
Chelsea is also interested in Manchester United’s forward Wayne Rooney and is going to offer €20 million
- The Daily Mirror claims Bayern Munich are planning to offer €40 million for Chelseas defender David Luiz.
- Portuguese paper A-Bola claims Fábio Coentrão and Ezequiel Garay might return to Benfica with Nemanja Mati?’s transfer to Real Madrid. This in order to lower the £42 million in transfer funds asked by the Portuguese champions.
- Sky Sports Italia reports Fiorentina are close to completing Mario Gomez’s transfer deal.
- The Daily Telegraph claims Chelsea is also interested in Manchester United’s forward Wayne Rooney and is going to offer €20 million for the player. According to the Daily Mirror Moyes rejected Arsenal’s offer, but is still considering Chelsea’s.
- More from United: The Daily Star reports the red devils are going to improve their offer for Leighton Baines by £16 million. Everton already rejected a £12 million offer for the defender.
- The Brazilian National team’s goal keeper Júlio César hinted he’d like to transfer to Arsenal in spite of the interest from Barcelona and Rome, “I love London and will be happy to go on living there”.
- The London Sun reports this morning the Emmanuel Adebayor might be on his way to Be?ikta? to make room for Roberto Soldado from Valencia.
- Brazilian Fluminense declared they have no intention of letting the forward Fred go.
- Turkish media reports that Fulhams’s player Karim Frei shook hands with the heads of Galatasaray and will make the transfer right after U20 World cup.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Monaco is signing on and this time they have a four year contract with left-wing defender Fabinho, who played on a loan in Real Madrid Reserves last season.
- Frankfurt announced the transfer of midfielder Joselu from Hoffenheim.
- Liverpool officially announced the arrival of Kolo Touré, former Manchester City defender, to the club.
- Hull City signed the Scottish national teams’ goalie Allan McGregor for 3 years.
- Celta de Vigo signed Nolito for 4 years from Benfica, after playing in Granada in the past season.
- The England national teams forward Rob Hall signed with Bolton after his contract with Westham expired.
- Hamburg lent the Swiss national teams defender Johan Djourou from Arsenal: “Johan will be the center of our defense this season”, said the clubs sports director.