- Barcelona is interested in Boca Juniors 17 year old defender, Thiago Casasola. Representatives from the club are set to meet Boca’s management, and are planning to discuss the transfer of the young player.
- Manchester United’s hopes of landing Thiago Alcântara were hit by reports in the English media about Barcelona renewing his contract.
Barcelona renews Thiago’s contract and destroys Manchester United’s plans?
- Borussia Mönchengladbach is denying the rumors of Barcelona offering to buy their goalie Marc-André ter Stegen. “He’s here and there’s nothing to add” said Borussia’s manager Max Ebrel.
- According to the Daily Mail Chelseas defender David Luiz is high on the most wanted list for PSG.
- The Sunday Mercury reports that West Bromwich will not compete for Yossi Benayoun.
- Italy reports that Milan is not going to give up on the talented midfielder Keisuke Honda.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Liverpool confirms signing striker Iago Aspas. The 25 year old Spanish player played in the last 5 seasons in Celta de Vigo uniforms, and scored 12 goals in the last season. Enfield will pay £7.7 million for the striker.
- Bruno Fernandes’s transfer from Novara to Udinese is complete. The 18 year old midfielder is considered a promising talent and scored 24 goals last season in Seria B.
- Midfielder Joan Verdú left Espanyol after 4 seasons and signed with Betis for 4 seasons.
- Yoo Byung-Soo signed a 3 year contract with Russian Rostov. This is the young player’s first stop in Europe after playing for Incheon from his home country, and for Al-Hilal in Saudi Arabia.
- Slaviša Stojanovi? is Red Star Belgrade new coach. The 43 year old Slovenian who coached the national team from October 2011 til December 2012 will try to march the Red Star to their first championship since 2006.