- Reports in England continue to link between Marco van Ginkel and Chelsea. The 20 year old Vitesse Arnhem midfielder was picked “Rookie of the year” in the Dutch league.
- The British Independent published that Monaco will offer €100 million to Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo. CR7 has 2 more years in his contract with the Blancos.
CR7 has 2 more years in his contract with the Blancos
- Atlético Madrid is preparing backups for goal keeper in case Chelsea refuses their request to lend Thibaut Courtois for another season. The hottest name, according to the Spanish media, is Saragossa’s goal keeper – Roberto.
- Reports in France and England claim: Clément Grenier, wanted by Arsenal, is considering giving up the move to London and signing a new contract with Lyon.
- Italian media claims that Napoli and Rafa Benítez turned Valencia’s defender Adil Rami to their preferred player for strengthening their center-field. The Frenchman played with Valencia in the past two seasons.
- Sky Sports reports Inter rejected an offer of €20 million from Tottenham for the transfer of Fredy Guarín. The Italians are waiting to see if the roosters will make a better offer for the Colombian.
- Reports in Germany claim Borussia Mönchengladbach are increasing their efforts of signing Brazilian attacking midfielder, Rafael, from Schalke 04.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Benfica signed attacking midfielder Miralem Sulejmani. The 24 year old Serbian was bought by Ajax in the summer of 2008 for a record sum of €16.2 million, but didn’t live up to the expectation. He finished his contract in Amsterdam and rejected offers from Wolfsburg, Mönchengladbach, Be?ikta? JK, and Everton on his way to Lisbon.
- Czeck national team’s midfielder, Václav Pila?, transferred from Wolfburg to Freiburg on loan, with an option to buy at the end of the season.
- Stuttgart bought striker Mohammed Abdellaoue from Hannover. The 27 year old Norwegian scored 29 Bundesliga goals in 20 appearances in Hannover uniforms. The player signed for 4 years with Stuttgart, who paid €3.5 million for him.
- Swiss midfielder-striker Johan Vonlanthen, who recently returned from a yearlong rest, signed for one season with Grasshoppers, the Swiss league runners up. The 27 year old player will try assisting the club with getting into the Champions League.
- Attacking midfielder Cédric is transferring from Numancia to Betis. The 21 year old who was born in Congo and moved to Spain at a young age scored 3 goals and assisted with 9 more this season.
- 39 year old Javier Zanetti extended his contract with Inter Milan for one more season. The Argentinian, who has 845 appearances in Nerazzurri uniforms, has been playing for the club since 1995.