- Following Borussia Dortmund’s declaration that they will not sell Robert Lewandowski to Bayern Munich, the Catalonian “Sport” reports Barcelona are keeping a close eye on the Polish striker’s situation and are interested in signing him.
- Meanwhile, Dortmund are watching Colombian striker Duván Zapata. The 22 year old player scored 12 goals last season in Estudiantes’s uniforms.
The 22 year old player scored 12 goals last season in Estudiantes’s uniforms.
- More from Dortmund: Atlético Mineiro’s Brazilian midfielder, Bernard. The 1.65m player is also wanted by Tottenham. Atlético Mineiro already turned down a £10 million deal from Spartak Moscow and is asking for £15 million.
- Bayer Leverkusen had to sell Daniel Carvajal back to Real Madrid and is now looking for a new right-winger. Amongst the candidates are: Martín Montoya from Barcelona and Andreas Beck from Hoffenheim.
- According to Gazzetta Dello Sports Manchester City are waiting for an OK from the owner Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan in order to move ahead with signing Stephan El Shaarawy from Milan. The deal consists of €25 million plus Carlos Tévez for the talented Italian.
- Milan VP Adriano Galliani admits the club is in touch with Carlos Tévez: “I love Carlito, he’s a wildcard. His paycheck? I don’t think it will be a problem”. Tévez was also linked with Juventus but Galliani claims: “I don’t think Carlito will betray me”. As for El SHarawi he said: “Who said he’s leaving? He’s not going anywhere”.
- José Mourinho will be officially introduced today in Chelsea, reports in England claim he will also announce Edinson Cavani’s transfer from Napoli.
- The Sun claims Luka Modri?, Real Madrid’s midfielder, refused José Mourinho’s offer last season, to join Chelsea.
- Reports in Italy claim that Juventus’s striker, Fabio Quagliarella, is on Real Sociedad’s sights, as they are trying to get a stronger line-up for the Champions League qualifiers next year.
- Tottosport claims Real Madrid are pushing for a trade deal with Juventus: Gonzalo Higuaín to Juve, while Paul Pogba or Arturo Vidal switches to Real.
- Napoli’s new coach, Rafa Benítez, would really like to unite forces with Liverpool’s and the Slovakian team defender, Martin Škrtel, who played with him in Enfield. With that said, the reds are now asking for €14 million and Napoli’s president has already declared he will not pay such fee.
- The Daily Mail reports Liverpool are about to close the transfer deal with midfielder Luis Alberto from Sevilla for £5 million.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Villarreal decided to follow through with the option for French striker Jérémy Perbet and will pay Belgian RAEC Mons €1.4 million. Perbet scored 11 goals in 18 games for the Yellow Submarine.
- Serbian midfielder Nemanja Gudelj transferred from NAC Breda to AZ Alkmaar.