- Corriere dello sport: Silvio Berlusconi wants to bring Kaka back to Milan. The Rossoneri tried getting the Brazilian back last season as well, and will now extend their efforts. On the other hand it will be interesting to see what will Carlo Ancelotti, who trained Kaka before, decides, in case the Italian comes to Madrid.
- Tottenham are considering making an offer for striker Roberto Soldado. In the past few days there were talks that the roosters are also after David Villa. The Mirror claims Tottenham offered Jermain Defoe to Aston Villa and wish for an addition of funds to get Christian Benteke.
As reported in Spain, the player refuses to extend his contract with Real Madrid
- The Sun insists: Manchester United are increasing their efforts to sign Cristiano Ronaldo and might offer £65 million for the striker, and an additional player. As reported in Spain, the Portuguese player refuses to extend his contract with Real Madrid. Mirror reports that United will also offer €20 million to Benfica for defender Ezequiel Garay.
- According to the Telegraph Monaco will try to sign Chelsea’s defender, John Terry. It was reported that the £7 million offer should be enough for Chelsea to let the 32 year old player go. It is also reported that Terry, who played for the club in the past 15 years, wishes to stay in Stamford Bridge.
- Bayern Munich is interested in signing Luis Suárez from Liverpool, and joins the race for the striker against Real Madrid. Bayern are also willing to include a switch with Arjen Robben.
- One day after completing Jesús Navas’s purchase, the Telegraph reports Manchester City also signed Fernandinho, the skilled Brazilian midfielder, from Shakhtar Donetsk. His release clause stated €42 million, but it’s reported that the City reached a lower deal with the Ukrainians.
- Reports in Brazil claim there’s already a substitute in play: Fluminense’s striker Wellington Nem will transfer to Shakhtar for €9 million.
- Chelsea’s new manager, José Mourinho, wants to sign Edin Džeko from Manchester City.
- Paulinho, Corinthian’s skilled midfielder declared he dreams of playing for Inter Milan.