- Liverpool has already found a replacement for Pepe Reina if he chooses to leave: Sunderland’s Belgian goal keeper, Simon Mignolet. This according to the Guardian.
- Veteran goalie Andrés Palop has come to the end of the road with Sevilla after 8 years and is now close to signing with Bayer Leverkusen.
José Mourinho’s plan for Chelsea doesn’t include David Luiz
- ACF Fiorentina are still playing hardball concerning Stevan Joveti?’s transfer, and according to Corriere dello Sport, they will not sell him for less than €30 million.
- The daily star reports that one of José Mourinho’s first decisions after he is appointed as Chelsea’s coach will be to sell David Luiz to Barcelona for £30 million.
- Everton’s defender, Johnny Heitinga: “If Fenerbahce approaches me as they did last summer, I think Everton will let me go. I’ve played in England and Spain and I want to play another league before I return to the Netherlands.
Done Transfer Deals:
- Congratulations are in order for Real Madrid, who made their first purchase for next season: Right wing defender Daniel Carvajal is returning to the club for €6.5 million that were paid to Leverkusen.
- After celebrating a historic triple with Bayern Munich, Anatoliy Tymoshchuk signed with Russian club Zenit Saint Petersburg and will be joining them in a month. The 34 year old Ukrainian played with Zenit at 2007-2009, before transferring to Bayern.
- Grant Hanley, one of England’s more promising young defenders, extended his contract with Blackburn for 5 more years.
- The Serbian’s team midfielder, Filip ?uri?i?, was sold from the Dutch Heerenveen to Benfica in Portugal for €6 million. The attacking midfielder, who signed a 5 year contract with the Portuguese Capital club, scored 7 goals this season and assisted 7 more.
- Real Betis’s goalie in the last season, Adrian, finalized his terms with Westham and will sign with them after passing some medical tests in London.