Ibrahim Afellay on his way to Schalke, Alessandro Del Piero going down under.
- Italian report: Manchester City has completed the transaction Maicon. English champions Inter will pay €4 million for the Brazilian defender, who will sign the contract formally today.
- Milan in talks with Man City for Nigel de Jong, who may move to Milan today, and take the place of Mark van Bommel in midfield, at the request of Coach Massimo Alegre. The Italians offered €4 million, City demanded €8 million.
- More in Italy claim: Juventus going to sign Nicklas Bendtner, Arsenal’s Danish striker, today. In the early summer Bendtner was very close to signing with Milan
- Ibrahim Afellay’s agent: “He needs a great club.” Liverpool and Tottenham were interested, but the Germans claim that he is close to signing with Schalke.
- Liverpool expects a stormy day, as Brendan Rodgers clears his standings about Andy Carroll: “No need to be a rocket scientist to see that Andy is a player that completes us, but we greatly appreciate his attitude and his commitment despite the situation. Problem is that as a club, I’m not sure we’re in a situation that allows us to hold a striker of £35 million as a third option. “Liverpool is hoping to sell Carroll, and add Fernando Llorente. Charlie Adam and Joe Cole may also be a source of funds.
- Alessandro Del Piero, 37, rejected Swiss Sion’s proposal, and now the leading candidate to sign the legendary striker is Australian Sydney FC, who are willing to offer $2 million over two years.
- Arsene Wenger believes Theo Walcott Arsenal remain: “He loves the club, and not driven by money.” Besides Bendtner, Mack Marwan may also leave the next day.
- Wayne Rooney denies reports on The Mirror about his possible departure of Manchester United yesterday and tweets: “I read the newspapers and heard this shit what people said, and it’s utter nonsense. I’m here to stay.”
- Tottenham try to strengthen themselves further a minute before closing the window, and owner Daniel Levy flew to Marseilles to quickly negotiate for striker Loic Remy.
- Stoke City offered Liverpool £ 4 million for Charlie Adam, who does not get much credit from his new coach Brendan Roger.
- Manager Mark Hughes’s QPR continues getting stronger, and after announcing the arrival of goalkeeper Julio Cesar, she has also confirmed that Real Madrid’s midfilder, Esteban Granero, signed with the club.
- Dimitar Berbatov, who almost flew to Italy to sign with Fiorentina and suddenly was close to signing with Juventus, on a stormy and controversial day, is expected to sign at Fulham. The Bulgarian is undergoing medical tests in the London club.
- Juventus and Bologna concluded the purchase of a midfielder Michele Pazienza. Pazienza was bought by the old lady in 2011, but did not play in their uniform after he was loaned to Udinese