Maikon Joining Modric in Real Madrid, Yohan Cabaye on his way to Arsenal
- Maikon’s agent, Roberto Buckland, is now in Madrid according to rumors, on a mission to close the excellent defender’s transfer to Real.
- According to reports in England, Arsene Wenger wants to sign two more players this week to reinforce Arsenal ranks. Newcastle’s French player, Yohan Cabaye is mentioned as a candidate, for whom Arsenal is ready to pay the sum of £15 million. Renne’s midfielder, Yann M’Vila also remains one of the candidates.
- Inter’s veteran goalkeeper, Julio Cesar, is close to joining Queens Park Rangers, managed by Mark Hughes.
- More Queens Park Rangers: The controversial midfielder, Joey Barton, Tweeted and announced that he wanted to leave the club, most likely to Marseilles: “I hope I can move on with my career and life. If it’s in France, then so be it. I don’t want to disrespect QPR, but I’ve had enough.”
- Scott Sinclair, Swansea wing player, keeps on getting closer to Manchester City. Anticipated transfer amount: £6.2 million.
- According to reports in Spain, Jose Mourinho wants to keep 27-year-old midfielder, Lassana Diarra, in Real Madrid even though he seemed to be on his way out of the club.
- Skilled Czech midfielder, Petr Jiracek, who also starred with the Czech national team last Euro tournament, may leave Wolfsburg to join Hamburg. Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath, said today: “Soon we shall see what happens with him. Hamburg wants him, the player himself will be happy to transfer there, and we can let him go.”
- Tottenham, who also officially lost Luka Modric, trying to make a quick signing before the Premier League transfer window is closed on Friday. However, attempts to sign Brazilian midfielder William apparently failed. The Spurs submitted an offer of £11.8 million to the Brazilian’s, Shakhtar Donetsk, and were refused.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- Believe it or not, the deal is done: Luka Modric’s transfer to Real Madrid was officially announced today by Tottenham. The amount: about €41 million.
- Portugal goalkeeper, Rui Patricio, has extended his contract at Sporting. The 24-year-old goalkeeper signed a long-term contract until 2018.
- Lyon, who opened the season very well, signed Nice’s defender, Luciano Monsoon. The 25-year-old Argentinian was purchased for €3 million.
- One player who made the opposite trip for a nearly identical amount is left midfielder Jeremy Paye, who left Lyon and signed up for 4 years in Nice.
- Defender Mikael Siani, who still played in Bordeaux uniforms at their -0:0 against Paris Saint-Germain on Sunday evening, was sold to Lazio for €2.5 million.