Kaka Can’t Decide, Wenger Replaces Alex Song
- “Sunday Mirror” reports that Arsene Wenger has marked a replacement for Alex Song, who signed with Barcelona: Newcastle’s and Ivory Coast national team midfielder, Cheik Tiote. The Magpies are likely to require a high amount for the midfielder, in hopes of discouraging the Gunners from buying the player.
- Kaka and Real Madrid increase their efforts to part ways before the transfer window closes. Milan is in the picture, but the names of the New York Red Bulls and Los Angeles Galaxy are also on the agenda. The Brazilian league is also back as an option.
- Michael Dawson rejected at this stage the possibility of moving from Tottenham to QPR, even though the clubs already reached agreement. Now Sunderland is interested in the 28-year-old defender
- Fiorentina changed its midfield almost completely, but haven’t yet completed the signings tour, and according to reports in Italy is interested in Hoffenheim’s attacking midfielder, Dutch Ryan Babel. Next on The Viola’s radar: Dimitar Berbatov.
- Tottenham, desperate for a striker, turning their attention back to Loic Remy from Marseille, according to “Sky Sports”. A Roosters Representative is expected to be watching the striker at Marseille’s match on Sunday.
- Outstanding Uruguayan midfielder from Bologna, Gaston Ramirez, continues to be linked to a transition to Southampton, but The Rosso-Bello is piling up difficulties and requires now an amount ranging around £12 million.
- Liverpool requires £3 million from Bolton for the Jay Spearing.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- Sampdoria signed the Denmark national teams’ defender-midfielder, Simon Poulsen (27). The players Alkmaar contract ended and Genoa club is getting him on a free transfer.
- Lyon signed veteran midfielder Steed Malbranque (32), who did not play last year because of personal and family problems.
- The Rangers, now in the fourth league in Scotland, signed the former Greek young national team Brake Anestis Argyriou. The 24-year-old player impressed Ally McCoist in two tests with the team, and came on a free transfer after completing his contract in AEK Athens.
- After acquiring Hapoel Tel Aviv’s Nosa Igiebor, Betis found another player, Damien Perquis (28), from Sochaux. The French-Polish defending midfielder was acquired for approximately €750,000
- Porto loaned the Spanish defender, Henrique Sereno, to Real Valladolid. The Portuguese defender has played in Valladolid several months in 2010.