The City is After David Luiz, Milan and Inter Fighting Over Hector Herrera
- Milan and Inter are fighting for Manchester City’s Dutch midfielder, Nigel De Jong, who is worth £8 million. De Jong has one year left in his current contract and is interested in transferring to a different club. The “Daily Mail” claims Inter might offer the City Maicon as a part of the deal.
- “Sun” reports that Chelsea refused an offer of £30 million from Manchester City, who wanted to purchase the Brazilian defender David Luiz. According to the same report, the City is looking for a replacement for Mika Richards’ absence in the next two and a half months.
- More “Sun”: Alex Ferguson intends to steal Mexican player, Hector Herrera, from Liverpool. Liverpool has offered £10 million for him. Mexican Pachuca CEO confirms: “There is a formal interest, and he is going to move to England, United and Liverpool already approached us”.
- The Daily Mirror reported Liverpool owner John Henry wants to sell his two midfielders Charlie Adam and Jay Spearing to make room in the budget for the inclusion of Clint Dempsey from Fulham.
- Borussia Dortmund announced that they refused several offers to purchase Robert Lewandowski, when among the interested parties were Manchester United and Chelsea.
- Julio Cesar, Inter goalkeeper, on the way to Queens Park Rangers. As we remember, Samir Handanovic came to Inter this summer from Udinese, and the Italians let the goalkeeper negotiate with other teams.
- Newcastle continues their efforts to return Andy Carroll back in their ranks, and wants to transfer him on loan from Liverpool until the end of the season, with an option to buy the player for £12 million. However, it does not seem that Brendan Rodgers agrees to this proposal: “I have to be crazy to let him go.” At the same time, “Soccernet” argues that Rogers wants Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea.
- Italy insists: Inter is interested in Ibrahim Afellay from Barcelona.
- Although it seemed Michael Dawson is leaving Tottenham for Queens Park Rangers, Sunderland and Stoke are now entering the race for the brake and will try to sign him on for £10 million.
- Jose Mourinho denied rumors of Kaka transferring to Manchester United, after reports that the Brazilian will go to make room for Luka Modric’s expected arrival.
- The “Daily Star” posted that Tottenham were required by Lyon to upgrade their offer for Hugo Lloris, after their first offer was declined.
- “Daily Mail” reported a turnaround in the Nuri Sahin case: The midfielder may land in Liverpool, after both he and Arsenal were not satisfied by transaction that was supposed to send him from Madrid to the Emirates. Brendan Rogers reportedly promised him a place in the composition.
- The Daily Star says Arsenal is currently focusing on signing Seville’s player Jesus Navas. The Spanish midfielder has an exit clause of £35 million, but Seville will probably agree to release him for a lower amount.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- Alessio Cerci left Fiorentina to join the new league up comer, Turin, who acquired half of his player card.
- Midfielder Christian Poulsen left Evian to sign a two-year contract with Ajax. The Danish finishes a short term in Evian and France after arriving from Liverpool, and also played with Juventus, Sevilla and Schalke.
- Walter Gargano, the midfielder who transferred from Naples to Inter: “I transferred to a big club, and will try to repay the trust Inter put in me.” Uruguayan Gargano transferred to the Nerazzurri on loan for €1.5 million, with an option to purchase for €5 million.