David Silva and Edin Dzeko Saying Goodbye to Manchester City, and Llorente to join the Premier League.
- Swansea now admits “Scott Sinclair did not want to renew the contract with us, and has an offer from Manchester City, so it’s only a matter of time before he would be there.”
- Is Manchester City about to lose David Silva? “Daily Mail” reports that the club is negotiating with the Spanish midfielder, who’s requiring a higher salary, for a contract extension. The players’ salary currently stands at £130,000 a week, while the player requires £200,000 a week. According to the report, this move could pave his way out of the club.
- “Goal” claim Nigel de Jong received permission from Manchester City to leave in case he gets a good offer, and Inter Milan is the main candidate.
- Agent Fabrizio Ferrari says: Aly Cissokho, Lyon’s defender expected to transfer to Valencia.
- England claims Arsenals hope to sign Nuri Sahin has been hit, after negotiations with Real Madrid on the purchase of the players option for next year got stuck. Wenger official website: “We want to sign another midfielder, and maybe even a brake, because we feel a lack in positions”
- The “Sun” claims that Tottenham is close to complete the addition of Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City. In contrast, the “Daily Mirror” claims Tottenham actually wants Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko.
- Cesar Azpilicueta, Marseilles defender, referring to the Chelsea transfer possibility for £7 million: “My thoughts are divided between Marseille and Chelsea, it will be good for both teams if the move will be made”
- Martin Skrtel, who signed a contract extension yesterday at Liverpool: “I want to make history at the club, and that my name will be engraved in the fans memory.”
- Fernando LIorente’s agent: “There’s a very likely possibility that he will play at the Premier League. Has two clubs that want him: One in London, one in Manchester.” On the other hand, “Goal” claims Juventus is expected to sign him for €20 million.
- Coach Roberto Martinez says: “Liverpool wanted me in the summer before they turned to Brendan Rogers, but I stayed in Wigan because this club has a rare chairman.”
- Another exciting story: Dave Dawes, who drove England crazy after he and his wife won the £101 million lottery, bought himself an apartment for £3.5 million near the Stamford Bridge stadium, so he could be near his beloved team Chelsea.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- The swap transaction between Inter and Milan is complete: Antonio Cassano and Giampaolo Pazzini will make their way to the opposite sides of the road, after the two groups exchanged strikers. 30-year-old Cassano will go to Inter, who also receive €7 million for Pazzini.
- It’s official: Ajax signed the brake Niklas Moisander, Finland national team player, whos coming from Alkmaar for €3 million and should replace the Jan Vertonghen, who transferred to Tottenham.