Major Clubs are After Van Persie as Leandro Damiao Takes The Jackpot
- Mancini is clarifying that Edin Dzeko and Carlos Tevez, mentioned as candidates for Milan, will stay at City: “We have made 93 goals last year, I love my strikers, and they will all stay”.
- “Sky Sports” report: After confronting Manchester City’s management about the lack of new transfers this summer, Roberto Mancini is now expected to approach Everton about Jack Rodwell, their highly skilled midfielder.
- Juventus, who are getting desperate with the attempts to sign Robin Van Persie, upgraded their offer to Bilbao for Fernando LIorente to €16 million.
- Meanwhile at the England Van Persie front, it seems the Dutch forward will not be leaving Arsenal soon, as his national team’s coach, Luis Van Gaal, says: “He told me he was going to play 45 minutes at the opening round of the Premier League”.
- On the other hand, reports in England claim that Manchester United raised their offer this week to £20 million for Van Persie, but Alex Ferguson says he’s afraid Arsene Wenger might thwart the transfer of his striker to the hated city rivals.
- One player who will not be returning to the City is Emmanuel Adebayor, who is expected to be lent to Tottenham for one more season after Mancini clarifying to him that he has no room in The Citizens roster.
- Internacional’s president declared he has no intention of selling Leandro Damiao, who starred in the Brazilian uniforms at the Olympic Games: “In case Tottenham or anyone else wants him, they will have to pay €60 million, as written in the release clause of his contract. He makes a great salary with us as well, and has no reason to complain”.
- Hulk, Porto’s and the Brazilian national team striker declared: “This might be the time to leave, I feel comfortable moving, and England has always been an attraction to me”. On the other hand, Porto insists he will only be sold by the price in his release clause: €100 million.
- Reports in The Netherlands claim Newcastle has made an offer of €8 million to Ajax for the midfielder Vurnon Anita.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- Dynamo Kiev has lent the Macedonian midfielder, Goran Popov, for one season to Stoke City.
- 31-year-old Senegal player, Al Hadji Diouf, signed with Leeds, who’s coach Neil Warnock called him “a sewer rat” only a year and a half ago.