Zenit beats Chelsea to the punch for £40
- Real Madrid reportedly raised their offer for Luka Modric’s transfer to £30 million, but the roosters are sticking to their £40 million demand for the player.
- The Daily Mail published Arsenal is considering the possibility of transferring Celtic’s South Korean midfielder, Ki Sung Yong, after having impressed the club’s scouts.
- Will Chelsea be forced to give up on Porto Hulk Brazilian striker? According to reports, Zenit St. Petersburg submitted an offer of £40 million for the player, in a deal that will include Bruno Alves
- Zenit is also interested in signing the Bulgarian striker from Manchester United, Dimitar Berbatov, who is supposed to leave the club.
- Reports from Sky claim that Milan’s goalkeeper’s, Julio Cesar’s agent, is advancing in negotiations with Tottenham.
- Juventus plans to offer €20 million for Bilbao’s forward Fernando Llorente, now that the striker refused to extend his current contract, and Juve understanding Luis Suarez and Robin Van Persie will probably not transfer.
- Juventus and Galatasaray reached an agreement about the transfer of Flippo Mello, who will be lent to the Turkish team for one season.
- After leaving Bolton, Nigel Reo Coker considering offers from three Italian clubs. This happens after the player rejected the possibility of playing for Fulham
- Wigan’s coach Roberto Martinez told Victor Moses that he would remain in the club unless Chelsea will increase their bid for him to £10 million.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- River Plate strengthened their attack squad with the signing of the Argentine League highest scorer of last season, Carlos Luna. The 30-year-old striker signed for three years
- Aleandro Rosi, Rome’s defender, signed for five years in Parma and his and was introduced to his new team.
- Hoffenheim has announced the official signing of striker Hoslo from Real Madrid. The player signed through 2016, the estimated amount is €6 million.
- Brake player, Diego Herner, left Las Palmas and signed at Indepeniente.