Manchester City gave up on Van Persie, Fiorentina going for Afellay
- Liverpool is giving up on the attempt of signing Clint Dempsey, after receiving Fulham’s demand of £10 million for the player.
- Following the declarations by Alex Ferguson of Manchester United continuing its pursuit of Robin Van Persie, Manchester City gives up on their chances with Roberto Mancini declaring: “I don’t think he will play here.”
- Italy reports Juventus marked Davide Astori, Cagliari’s defender, as a possible replacement for Leonardo Bonucci, who is expected to be removed from the league for three and a half years.
- Ashley Cole denies he is close to transferring to P.S.G, and claims the negotiations to extend his contract at Chelsea progressing satisfactorily.
- Milan, desperate for a strong defender after Thiago Silva’s transfer, are interested in Genoa’s brake Cesare Bovo, and are willing to offer €5 million for the player.
- Christiano Ronaldo says he might finish his career with MLS. “I love coming here, it’s great here,” he said to the American League website, “It’s an amazing country with great mentality, with everyone doing all they can to improve their football. I hope I’ll play here one day.”
- Edin Dzeko, Manchester City’s brake, admits: “I follow the events in Italy, and I know Milan lost two important players. Of course I would like to play in Italy one day.”
- Fiorentina, already armed with Alberto Aquilani and Gonzalo Rodriguez, will try lending Ibrahim Afellay from Barcelona. The player is also on Inter, Arsenal, and Lille’s sights.
- Kevin Mirallas Olympiacos forward, is Arsene Wenger’s preferred option for a transfer upon Robin Van Persie’s leaving. Liverpool is also watching the forward player, estimated for €6.4 million.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- Egyptian striker Mohamed Zidan, closing a beautiful era at Dortmund and Mainz, decided to leave the Bundesliga at 30 years old, and signed a two-year contract with UAE Bani Yas.