Wesley Sneijder unites with Mourinho, Modric out.
- The Daily Mirror reports that Manchester City is considering trying to transfer over Real Madrid’s forward Gonzalo Higuaín for £35 Million.
- Doubts about Andy Carroll, Liverpool’s forward, future continue. It is now reported Carroll plans to leave the club only for Newcastle. This does not change Tottenham’s intentions of getting the player, and making an official offer for him.
- Tottenham interested in Inter Milan’s goalkeeper Julio Cesar, after failing to sign Hugo Lloris from Lyon.
- Is Real giving up on Luka Modric? The Daily Mirror reports the Blancos will increase their efforts of transferring Inter’s skilled striker, Wesley Sneijder, to the Bernabeu.
- Sunderland offered the Wolves £10 million for Steven Fletcher and was rejected by the club.
- The Daily Express is speculating Juventus implied are no longer interested in Robin Van Persie, Arsenal’s striker.
- El Mundo Deportivo reports that Sevilia’s 19-year-old forward Luis Alberto might join Barcelona.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- Manchester United lends young goalkeeper, Ben Amos, to Hull City from the Football League Championship.
- Real Madrid’s defender, Alvaro Arbeloa, extended his contract in the club for two more years, and will stay at the bernabeu until 2016.
- Diego Placente, former Argentine National team defender, is making closure at age 35 and saying goodbye to Nacional to go back to his youth club of Argentinos Juniors.
- After two years at Al-Ain, midfielder Ignacio Scocco signed for one-season and Newell’s Old Boys, where he started his career.
- Bordeaux forward, Anthony Modeste, who played for Blackburn on loan last season, will play for Bastia on loan in the upcoming season.
- After untying himself from his contract with Monaco, Ludovic Giuly returned to Ligue 1 in France and signed a one-year contract with Lorient.