- According to the “Mirror”, Manchester City wowed Liverpool with a £13 million offer for Daniel Agger while Real Madrid and Barcelona were also following the Danish player. Agger made it clear to his coach in Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers that he wishes to leave the club.
- Roberto Mancini, Manchester City’s coach, is very disappointed with the club’s dry spell, saying to the managers: “We don’t need 10 new players like 3-4 years ago, but we need 3-4 new players to improve our ranks. We can’t win the Champions League with the current line-up”.
The Spanish “As” deny reports in England from yesterday, according to which Real Madrid has closed the deal with Tottenham for the transfer of Luka Modric for £36 million
- More from Mancini: “It will be tough for Robin Van Persie to choose between the three great clubs of Juventus, United, and City. I truly don’t know what he’s going to do; if we will have a chance to sign him again we’ll do it, because he is a great player.”
- Lucas Moura, wanted by half of Europe: “I’ll make my decision only after the end of the Olympic games, but for now I feel good in Sao Paulo.”
- The “Marka” reports Kaka, Real Madrid and Milan will meet at August 8 to clarify the Brazilian’s future, if it still isn’t set.
- The “Sun” reports Chelsea might go over the £100 million this summer in transfers, after already spending £66 million for Eden Hazard, Oscar, De Bruyne, and Marko Marin. Coach Roberto di Matteo claims his team might sign 2 more players, and CEO Ron Gourley confirms: ”We are still trying to strengthen some parts of the team, if the right opportunities present themselves we might see more interesting developments in the future.”
- The Spanish “As” deny reports in England from yesterday, according to which Real Madrid has closed the deal with Tottenham for the transfer of Luka Modric for £36 million. The Spanish newspaper reports that in reality Real Madrid claims they are far from closing with the player.
- More from the “Mirror”: Barcelona will approach Manchester City in an effort to get Kolo Toure, hoping to land him with an attractive deal. Reports claim Tito Vilanova in interested in the versatile player because he can play in several positions such as brake or defending-midfielder.