Javi Martinez Transfer Stalled, Zenit Shops for Afellay, Nani and Hulk
- Andoni Zubizarreta, Barcelona’s sporting director, revealed that his club plans to part with a number of players before the closure of the transfer window: “We love our roster relatively small, see if we can find some of them good places to develop their careers.”
- Matthias Sammer, Bayern Munich’s new sporting director, admitted the Bavarians encountered many difficulties in completing the transaction for Javi Martinez, who is also wanted by Barcelona: “The transfer is not close to being closed, we clarified our position and now it’s Bilbao’s turn to respond.”
- “Corriere dello sport” claims that the interest Manchester United showed in Kaka has made Silvio Berlusconi ask Adriano Galliani, AC Milan president, to ask Real Madrid to loan them the Brazilian player for one more season.
- Milan also interested also Bojan Krkic, who is supposed to be loaned to Rome from Barcelona for another season.
- Kevin Mirallas, Evertons new Belgian striker, revealed that prior to his arrival at Goodison Park he was in advanced negotiations with Arsenal, but preferred The Blues where he would get more playing time.
- Arsene Wenger is trying to quickly use millions he received for Robin Van Persie and Alex Song, and claims in England state that one of his main goals is Cheick Tiote, Newcastles midfielder.
- Reports in Italy claim Juventus ready to offer Lyon the Swiss defender Reto Ziegler, who was loaned to Fenerbahce for the last season, plus extra money for Aly Cissokho.
- Luciano Spalletti confirmed to the Russian media that his shopping list at Zenit St Petersburg includes Ibrahim Afellay, Nani and Hulk.
- Juventus also renewed interest in Stevan Jovetic, Fiorentina’s Montenegrin talent, and the champion is prepared, according to the “Gazette Dello Sports”, to offer Fabio Quagliarella as part of the transfer deal.
- Portugal reported Inter increased their offer for Porto’s Alvaro Pereira to €13 million. At the same time contacts are held between The Nerazzurri and Walter Gargano, Napoli’s Uruguayan midfielder.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- Rome signed Corinthian’s 18-year-old full-back player Marquinhos, to be lent next season to The Giallorossi, who will then be able to buy him from the Brazilians for €3 million, providing he gets to play at least 45 minutes at the final 8 games of the season.
- Salta Vigo signed Michael Krohn-Dehli, Denmark’s national team striker, who spent the last 4 seasons in Brondby uniforms.