Chelsea Signs a €100 Million Deal
- The Daily Mirror reports Manchester United reached an agreement with Sao Paulo for the transfer of Lucas Moura for £26 Million, and are now moving on to dealing with the Brazilian striker himself.
- Other reports in England claim that Chelsea raised their offer to Borrusia Dortmund for Polish striker Robert Lewandowski. Chelsea offered €13 Million at first and then raised the offer to €17 Million. The Germans are asking for €35 Million, and Lewandowski’s agent says: “€13 Million will not be enough for his transfer.”
- Bayern Munich gave up on the Javi Martinez option, and according to the Dutch “Telegraph”, the preferred candidate by the Bavarians for the midfield position is Nigel De Jong, who might be released from Manchester City.
- According to Sky Italia reports Inter and Juventus are considering a swap deal, in which Giampaolo Pazzini will transfer to the champions, who in return will give up Fabio Quagliarella.
- Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis announced: Edinson Cavani will cost Chelsea, The European Champions, close to €100 Million.
- Manchester City prolonged Vincent Kompany’s contract. The best brake in England’s salary: £130,000 a week for 5 seasons. Total cost: £34 Million.
- Tottenham is planning on replacing Luka Modric, who will be transferring to Real Madrid, with Porto and Portugal National team midfielder João Moutinho
- The Portuguese champion might also say goodbye to midfielder Fernando, who might be transferring to Inter. According to Italian media, representatives from the club will make an official offer for the player in the next few days.
- The L’Équipe reports: After selling Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva to P.S.G, Milan might use the money from the transfers to try and sign up Bayern Munich’s Arjen Robben.
- Milan is also reported to start negotiations with Arsenal for the transfer of Denmark’s National team forward Nicklas Bendtner.
- Michel Bastos did not go with Lion to the US for their pre-season games so he could concentrate on his transfer. Among the interested parties are Al-Ain from Saudi Arabia, and Russian Anzhi Makhachkala. Lion is asking for €10 Million.
- Tottenham coach Andre Villas Boas disapproves of Luka Modric Decision not to join the team for their US tour: “I don’t know what kind advice he’s been given.”
- Lion set a deadline to Hugo Lloris: Give us your answer by July 29th. Tottenham is also pursuing the French National team goalkeeper, but Lion claims they did not get an official offer for the player, and that the interested parties are aware of the amount needed to purchase him.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- Fiorentina purchased the Colombian midfielder Guillermo Cuadrado, previously owned by Udinese and lent last year to Lecce.
- Dutch club Twente announced the signing of Russian forward Dmitri Bulykin for one season, with an option for a 2nd. Bulykin played for Ajax last year.
- French club Lille agreed with Troyes on the transfer of young brake Djibril Sidibé for €18 Million. This means that Lille player Matthew Debuchy will probably be released to Newcastle.
- Rafael Spiegel, a young Swiss goalkeeper, signed with Westham for 3 years.
- Seria A newcomer, Pescara, strengthened their lines with Icelandic midfielder Birkir Bjarnason, on lend from Standard Liège.