Is Barcelona making an offer Neymar cannot refuse?
- Dimitar Berbatov, frustrated of his standings in Manchester United, declared Alex Ferguson would be willing to free him for £5 Million, thus offering himself for sale to whoever is willing to pay that price
- Inter’s young Dutch striker Luc Castaignos is on Everton’s, Westham’s and K.P.R sights. If he transfers to one of them, it will be on lend for a season.
- Several Brazilian websites claim Barcelona won the race for signing up Neymar. Reports say that Santos star will not transfer to Camp Nou before the summer of 2013, and the Catalan club will pay no less than €60 Million for the contract. Neymar’s contract with Santos officially ends at 2014, so he might transfer to Europe in 2 years.
- Liverpool and Theo Walcott are getting close to signing, with The Reds willing to pay £15 Million to Arsenal for the international Midfielder-Striker.
- Liverpool is also reported to have rejected Newcastle first offer on Andy Carroll’s lend deal.
- The Daily Mirror reports Manchester City might preempt Arsenal and Tottenham in the race for signing up Caen’s young talent Mbaye Niang.
Completed Transfer Deals:
- Veteran goal keeper Cristiano Lupatelli transferred from Fiorentina to Genoa.
- Sporting Lisbon lends Brazilian left brake Evaldo to Deportivo La Corona until the end of season.
- Hungarian goal keeper Marton Fulop ended his contract with West Bromwich and signed for 2 years with Greek Asteras Tripolis.